24.4251, Confs: General Linguistics/

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 28 15:48:51 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4251. Mon Oct 28 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.4251, Confs: General Linguistics/

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Caylen Cole-Hazel <caylen at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:46:44
From: Julia Kolkmann [julia.kolkmann at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk]
Subject: Manchester New Researchers Forum in Linguistics

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-4251.html&submissionid=21900528&topicid=4&msgnumber=1
 Manchester New Researchers Forum in Linguistics
Short Title: mFiL

Date: 15-Nov-2013 - 16-Nov-2013
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Contact: Julia Kolkmann
Contact Email: mFiL at manchester.ac.uk
Meeting URL: http://mFiLconf.wordpress.com/

Manchester New Researchers Forum in Linguistics Returns

Manchester Forum in Linguistics (mFiL)
15-16 November 2013

The Manchester Forum in Linguistics (mFiL) is an annual event which aims to bring together new researchers, including post-graduate students, post-doctoral researchers and early career researchers, to present current work, from any field of linguistics, and importantly, to offer advice and information to support new researchers.

The event includes the presentation of papers, posters, plenary talks and a careers panel, as well as a dinner and drinks.

You can register for the conference here:
http://estore.manchester.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?compid=1&modid=2&catid=114.

Early bird registration is £30 and ends on 30th September.  From 1st October registration will be £35.  Conference dinner can also be booked here at a cost of £15.

Plenary Speakers:

We are delighted to welcome the following new lecturers and emerging researchers to share their research and experience of working in academia.

Claire Nance - Lancaster University
Chris Cummins - University of Edinburgh
Caitlin Light - University of York
Josef Fruehwald - University of Edinburgh

Manchester New Researchers Forum in Linguistics (mFiL) 2013’s conference will be held in three weeks time – on 15th and 16th November. The programme for this year’s conference is now available to view and download on our website http://mfilconf.wordpress.com/mfil-2013/programme/.

Our plenary presentations include:
- Not accommodating what you already know, by Chris Cummins
- Against Gradual Phonologization, by Josef Fruehwald
- A quantitative approach to information structural research, by Caitlin Light
- Social change and sound change in Scottish Gaelic, by Claire Nance

This year our presentation of papers and posters cover a wider range of fields in Linguistics including: Language Acquisition, Pragmatics, (Morpho)semantics; Phonetics/Phonology, Syntax, Historical Linguistics, and Language Variation & Change. The Careers Panel will be an interactive event, with delegates asking questions and advice of our plenary speakers.

You can register for the conference on our website http://mfilconf.wordpress.com/mfil-2013/registration/. Registration is £35. Details about arriving and places to stay in Manchester can also be found on our website http://mfilconf.wordpress.com.

To keep up to date with the conference, please:
- Visit our website at http://mFiLconf.wordpress.com
- Follow us on Twitter @mFiLconf
- Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mFiLconf

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by posting on our Facebook page, tweeting @mFiLconf, or emailing us at mFiL at manchester.ac.uk.