24.3657, Qs: Progressive aspect in Iranian languages

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 18 14:23:38 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-3657. Wed Sep 18 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.3657, Qs: Progressive aspect in Iranian languages

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alex Isotalo <alx at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:23:15
From: Ghazaleh Vafaeian [ghazaleh at ling.su.se]
Subject: Progressive aspect in Iranian languages

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-3657.html&submissionid=19938528&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear fellow linguists,

I am currently working on progressive aspect constructions in Iranian languages/dialects (such as e.g. Lori, Vafsi, Kurdish, Dari, Tajiki, Lari, Balochi, Tati, Talysh etc. etc.) and their neighboring languages (such as e.g. Azari). I am looking for native speakers of these varieties to fill out a questionnaire on this subject. All varieties apart from Persian is of interest. Feel free to fill out and share!

You may find the questionnaire following the link below. You'll have to fill out your answers in a separate document. When responding, don't forget to number the examples so that I can identify the translations. Please send your responses to ghazaleh at ling.su.se

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Questionnaire_Farsi_Progressive_aspect.pdf

This document is a rough translation of the Progressive Questionnaire used in the EUROTYP project (Bertinetto 2000) from English into Persian. However, many changes have been done to the document, including deletion of sentences, adding of new sentences, randomization of the sentence numbers and minor adjustments.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Ghazaleh Vafaeian
PhD Student
ling.su.se/vafaeian