24.3663, Calls: Sociolinguistics/UK

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 18 16:25:12 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-3663. Wed Sep 18 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.3663, Calls: Sociolinguistics/UK

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:24:55
From: Claire Nance [c.nance at lancaster.ac.uk]
Subject: 6th Northern Englishes Workshop

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-3663.html&submissionid=19938529&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 6th Northern Englishes Workshop
Short Title: NEW6

Date: 16-Apr-2014 - 17-Apr-2014
Location: Lancaster, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Sam Kirkham
Meeting Email: s.kirkham at lancaster.ac.uk
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/site/northernenglishes6/home

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 13-Dec-2013

Meeting Description:

The 6th Northern Englishes Workshop will be held at Lancaster University on 16-17 April 2014. The conference is hosted by the Department of Linguistics and English Language and Lancaster University Phonetics Lab.

The workshop follows on from the success of previous workshops, with a focus on any aspect of English in the linguistic north of the United Kingdom, as well as the Republic of Ireland. We welcome papers in, but not limited to, dialectology, sociolinguistics, dialect in literature, discourse analysis, historical linguistics, language contact with English, and any other area of interest to English in the north.

We are very pleased to welcome our two plenary speakers:

Carmen Llamas, University of York
Warren Maguire, University of Edinburgh

Conference Website:

https://sites.google.com/site/northernenglishes6/home

Contact:

northernenglishes6 at gmail.com

Organising Committee:

Sam Kirkham
Claire Nance
Dan Johnson

Call for Papers:

Abstracts for papers and posters should not exceed 300 words in length excluding references. In your abstract, please include whether you would like to present in paper format only, paper or poster, or poster format only.

Please submit your abstracts in PDF or Word format via this EasyChair website:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=new6. You should receive a confirmation email after uploading.

The deadline for submissions is 13 December 2013. Authors will be informed about whether their abstract has been successful in January 2014.