24.3666, Calls: Phology, Syntax, Typology, Lang Documentation, General Ling/Brazil

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 18 16:51:19 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-3666. Wed Sep 18 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.3666, Calls: Phology, Syntax, Typology, Lang Documentation, General Ling/Brazil

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:51:01
From: Spike Gildea [spike at uoregon.edu]
Subject: Amazônicas V

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-3666.html&submissionid=19938533&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Amazônicas V

Date: 26-May-2014 - 30-May-2014
Location: Belém, Pará, Brazil
Contact Person: Hein van der Voort
Meeting Email: AmazonicasV at gmail.com
Web Site: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~spike/Site/Amazonicas_V.html

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Language Documentation; Phonology; Syntax; Typology

Call Deadline: 15-Nov-2013

Meeting Description:

>From 26 to 30 May 2014 we will organise AMAZONICAS 5 in Belém (PA), Brazil, at the Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi and the Universidade Federal do Pará. The international colloquium AMAZONICAS - The Structure of Amazonian Languages: Phonology and Syntax was conceived as a biennial itinerant event, organised alternately in different Amazonian countries, with the goal of functioning as a platform for exchange and cooperation in the field of study of Amazonian indigenous languages.

AMAZONICAS consists of a phonological symposium and a grammatical symposium, as well as a one-day symposium concerning a specific linguistic family. In 2014, the themes of the symposia are: Prosody in constituents beyond the word, Nonverbal predication and The Tupi linguistic family (see the specific calls below). In order to avoid the problem of parallel sessions the nature of AMAZONICAS is that of a seminar with a limited number of presentations during a full week, organised in one single session.

In addition to several special lectures by invited speakers, talks will be selected for the different thematic symposia, on the basis of submitted proposals and the number of submissions. Priority will be given to submissions that are accessible to colleagues of various theoretical orientations. The colloquium is also open to students and scholars who are interested in participating as listeners. In addition to the three themes to be discussed in 2014 in Belém (26 - 30 May), we will organize an intensive course in  field methods and documentation during the week prior to the colloquium (19 - 23 May).

Call for Papers:

Download the separate calls for the specific symposia at the conference website: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~spike/Site/Amazonicas_V.html.

Abstract Submission:

Abstracts (excl. references): between 200 and 400 words
Formatting (Word and PDF): Times New Roman 12, single space
Language: Portuguese or Spanish or English

Deadline for submission: 15 November 2013
Notification of acceptance: 30 November 2013

The abstract should be submitted as an anonymous email attachment to the appropriate address
of the relevant symposium:

Phonology: AmazonicasV.fonologia at gmail.com (Luciana Storto & Elsa Gomez-Imbert)
Syntax: amazonicas.sintaxe at gmail.com (Simon Overall & Spike Gildea)
Tupi family: amazonicas.tupi at gmail.com (Gessiane Picanço & Denny Moore)

In the accompanying email, the title of the presentation should be specified, along with the name
and the institution of the author.

The general address of Amazonicas V is: AmazonicasV at gmail.com

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/