25.3265, Calls: Indo-European, General Linguistics, Historical Linguistics/ Open Linguistics (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Aug 14 01:54:16 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3265. Wed Aug 13 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.3265, Calls: Indo-European, General Linguistics, Historical Linguistics/ Open Linguistics (Jrnl)

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 21:54:05
From: Artemij Keidan [artemij.keidan at uniroma1.it]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-3265.html&submissionid=35949218&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Open Linguistics

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics

Language Family(ies): Indo-European

Call Deadline: 31-Dec-2014

http://degruyteropen.com/tioplismhs/

Open Linguistics invites manuscripts for the Topical Issue ''Towards Branch-
Crossing Isoglosses in Indo-European''. By branch-crossing isoglosses we mean
those convergent isoglosses (phonetic, lexical or grammatical) that are shared
by some historically attested Indo-European languages regardless their
immediate genetic affiliation. Such isoglosses have been observed since the
proposal of the Wave Model by Johannes Schmidt. However, a systematic and
comprehensive approach to this phenomenon is still a desideratum.

The ultimate goal is to reconsider our knowledge of the history of the Indo-
European languages from the point of view of Contact Linguistics.
Papers on methodology and theoretical aspects of this problem, as well as
individual case studies are welcome.

How to Submit

Authors are kindly invited to register at our paper processing system at:
http://www.editorialmanager.com/opli/ and submit their contribution. Every
manuscript should be clearly marked as intended for this special issue. All
papers will go through the Open Linguistics' high standards, quick, fair and
comprehensive peer-review procedure. Instructions for authors are available
here. In case of any questions, please contact Guest Editor
(artemij.keidan at uniroma1.it) or Managing Editor
(katarzyna.grzegorek at degruyteropen.com).

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/