25.3276, Jobs: Comp Ling; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Russian: Manager, Researcher, Google, Inc.
The LINGUIST List
linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 15 20:36:07 UTC 2014
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3276. Fri Aug 15 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 25.3276, Jobs: Comp Ling; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Russian: Manager, Researcher, Google, Inc.
Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Do you want to donate to LINGUIST without spending an extra penny? Bookmark
the Amazon link for your country below; then use it whenever you buy from
For more information on the LINGUIST Amazon store please visit our
FAQ at http://linguistlist.org/amazon-faq.cfm.
Editor for this issue: Malgorzata Cavar <gosia at linguistlist.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 16:36:01
From: Vitaly Nikolaev [AdvancedLinguistics at gmail.com]
Subject: Comp Ling; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Russian: Manager, Researcher, Google, Inc., New York, USA
E-mail this message to a friend:
University or Organization: Google, Inc.
Job Location: New York, USA
Job Title: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager [RUSSIAN]
Job Rank: Manager; Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Russian (rus)
The role of the Analytic Linguistic Project Manager is to consult with
Natural Language Understanding Researchers on creating guidelines and
setting standards for a variety of NLP projects as well as to manage the
work of a team of junior linguists to achieve high quality data output.
- training, managing and overseeing the work of a team of junior linguists
- creating guidelines for semantic, syntactic and morphological projects
- evaluating and analyzing data quality
- consulting with researchers and engineers on the development of
- Ph.D in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with experience in
semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
- ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in
natural language processing
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- good organizational skills
- previous project management and people management experience
- some programming language or previous experience working in a Linux
environment a plus
- native-level speaker of Russian and fluent in English
Project duration: 9-12 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position but a contract position.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in
English (PDF format preferred) with Analytical Linguistic Project Manager
[Russian] in the CV title.
Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2014
Email Address for Applications: AdvancedLinguistics at gmail.com
Email: AdvancedLinguistics at gmail.com
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3276
More information about the Linguist