25.3297, Calls: Ling & Literature/Hong Kong

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 18 14:12:25 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3297. Mon Aug 18 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.3297, Calls: Ling & Literature/Hong Kong

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:12:04
From: Rowena Hon [rowena.hon at polyu.edu.hk]
Subject: 4th Language Arts and Linguistics (LAL4) Conference

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-3297.html&submissionid=35950577&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 4th Language Arts and Linguistics (LAL4) Conference
Short Title: LAL4

Date: 25-Oct-2014 - 26-Oct-2014
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Contact Person: Christina DeCoursey
Meeting Email: lalconf at aust.edu.lb
Web Site: http://www.engl.polyu.edu.hk/events/LAL4-2014/call4paper.html

Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature

Call Deadline: 30-Sep-2014

Meeting Description:

The 4th Language Arts and Linguistics (LAL4) conference will be held October 25-26, 2014. The conference enjoys the support of the American University of Science and Technology, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Athabasca University (Canada) and Greenwich University (UK). LAL4 is fortunate to have generous support and technical hosting from Curio (Canada).

LAL4 Keynote Speakers include Christian Matthiessen (Hong Kong Polytechnic University), Kay O’Halloran (Curtin University, Australia), and Brian Shuster, CEO of United Internet Technologies (Canada). LAL4 will be held in a virtual environment. This means participants need not travel to attend. Technical help is available for participants who are not familiar with navigating virtual environments. There are various options for presenting a paper.

Conference fee: 80 US$

Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for papers on the following topics:

- Media
- Virtual worlds and games
- Popular culture
- Literature, poetry or drama
- Critical thinking or creative thinking
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Any of the above in teaching and learning contexts

Papers may be submitted for publication. We invite authors of papers on virtual worlds and games to submit these to a special journal volume. We invite authors of papers focused on teaching and learning to submit these through the regular process for the proceedings volume. We invite authors of more theoretical or data-driven academic articles to submit these to the new Taylor and Francis journal, Language Arts and Linguistics (LALJ). Information about the publishing options will be sending out to participants in September.

Please send abstracts or inquiries to Dr. C.A. DeCoursey, Organising Committee, lalconf at aust.edu.lb .