25.3323, Jobs: French; Applied Linguistics: Product Analyst - French, IXL Learning
The LINGUIST List
linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Aug 20 19:04:43 UTC 2014
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3323. Wed Aug 20 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 25.3323, Jobs: French; Applied Linguistics: Product Analyst - French, IXL Learning
Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Do you want to donate to LINGUIST without spending an extra penny? Bookmark
the Amazon link for your country below; then use it whenever you buy from
For more information on the LINGUIST Amazon store please visit our
FAQ at http://linguistlist.org/amazon-faq.cfm.
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:04:38
From: Bridget Antle [careers at ixl.com]
Subject: French; Applied Linguistics: Product Analyst - French, IXL Learning
E-mail this message to a friend:
University or Organization: IXL Learning
Job Location: Select State, USA
Web Address: http://www.ixl.com/
Job Title: Product Analyst - French
Job Rank: Other; Product Analyst - French
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; French
Required Language(s): French (fra)
IXL’s upcoming component for learning French as a foreign language
will instill a love for languages in students of all ages! Students will
practice reading and writing French like never before.
The foundation of IXL.com is our ability to automatically generate
exceptional questions and explanations – and that’s where you come
in. As a Product Analyst for French, you will be involved in all aspects
of the content development cycle, including conceptualization, design,
testing, and support. Your educational insight, creative solutions, and
extraordinarily high standards will drive the success of our French
- Research and analyze content requirements, including state
- Design engaging, interactive question types.
- Write and edit user-facing content and explanations.
- Produce innovative, simple solutions to design issues.
- Vigilantly search for bugs and ensure they are properly destroyed.
- Understand our users and their educational needs.
- Help diagnose and resolve user support issues.
- Coordinate projects with employees from other departments.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in French or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated technical abilities.
- Extremely strong written and spoken communication skills,
including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide
variety of age groups.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a wide variety of teams.
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple
- Passion for improving education through technology.
- Knowledge of computer programming and Web technologies is a
- Interest or experience in K-12 education is a plus.
- Knowledge of Spanish or additional foreign languages is a plus.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We
develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by
millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located
at IXL.com) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning
site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original
'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading
online platform for world-languages courses.
Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2015
Web Address for Applications: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=oIBnZfwp&s=linguistlist
Recruiting Specialist Bridget Antle
Email: careers at ixl.com
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3323
More information about the Linguist