25.3350, Calls: Cognitive Science, Pragmatics, Psycholinguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Aug 24 04:53:22 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3350. Sun Aug 24 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.3350, Calls: Cognitive Science, Pragmatics, Psycholinguistics/USA

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 00:53:16
From: Chris Kennedy [xprag2015 at gmail.com]
Subject: Experimental Pragmatics 2015

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-3350.html&submissionid=35951637&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Experimental Pragmatics 2015
Short Title: XPRAG 2015

Date: 16-Jul-2015 - 18-Jul-2015
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Contact Person: Chris Kennedy
Meeting Email: xprag2015 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://xprag2015.uchicago.edu

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2015

Meeting Description:

The 2015 Experimental Pragmatics conference will be held in downtown Chicago July 16-18, 2015, jointly sponsored by Northwestern University and the University of Chicago.

The conference is jointly sponsored by Northwestern University and the University of Chicago. The invited speakers are:

David Beaver (University of Texas)
Noah Goodman (Stanford University)
Yi Ting Huang (University of Maryland)
Hannah Rohde (Edinburgh University)
Michael Tanenhaus (University of Rochester)

Call for Papers:

We invite submission of abstracts for 30 minute oral presentations (with 10 minute discussion periods) or posters on any topic in experimental pragmatics.

The abstract submission deadline is January 15, 2015, 11:59pm CST.  We expect to make notifications of acceptance by early March.

Abstracts must not exceed two pages in letter-size or A4 paper, including examples and references, with 1 inch margins on all sides and 12 point font size. The abstract should have a clear title but should not identify the author(s). The abstract must be submitted electronically in PDF format. Submissions are limited to 1 individual and 1 joint abstract per author, or 2 joint abstracts per author.

We are using EasyChair for the submission and the review process; the url for abstract submission is:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=xprag2015

For detailed instructions about EasyChair and the submission process, please visit the conference website:

http://xprag2015.uchicago.edu

When you submit your abstract, you will be asked to indicate whether you would like it to be considered for a talk, a poster or both.

Please direct inquiries to xprag2015 at gmail.com.