25.3404, Qs: British Native Speaking Participants Needed

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 29 16:30:38 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3404. Fri Aug 29 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.3404, Qs: British Native Speaking Participants Needed

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:30:19
From: Elaheh Nosratirad [eli.rad64 at gmail.com]
Subject: British Native Speaking Participants Needed

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-3404.html&submissionid=35952917&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Elaheh Nosratirad, and I am a PhD student at Leuphana University of
Lüneburg, Germany, conducting research on Individual differences in EFL: The
effect of sex and proficiency on EFL requests and apologies.

http://www.leuphana.de/ueber-uns/personen/anne-barron/doktorandeninnen/elaheh-
nosratirad.html

I am currently in the data collection phase of my research and I'm still
looking for British native speakers of English who would be willing to
complete an online survey containing 10 scenarios. It should take no longer
than 30 minutes to complete.

The online survey includes two steps and can be accessed here:

1. The Background Information: (Written)
https://voicethread.com/#u4450428.b5886949.i30200111

2. The scenarios (English) (Oral)
https://voicethread.com/#u4450428.b5898804.i30260718

And here is the instruction:

1. You need to be logged in to be able to answer the scenarios on the
Voicethread website. So, you have to sign up for an account on this website
which is so easy. You just need an email address and a password to log in
(Please let me know if you had any problem in signing up on Voicethread).

2. After you logged in, please open the above links and follow the instruction
below:

I. The first Voice (the first link) is about your background information. You
can simply type the answers on the comment part, on the bottom of the page.
There is a sample on the left side of the Voice that you can see.

II. The second link (The scenarios (English)) contains ten scenarios. You will
be able to read and hear them one by one at the same time with commenting on
them through recording voice or typing a written text. When you click on
‘Comment’ on the bottom of each scenario, you will see two icons of ‘VOICE
‘and ‘TYPE’.

Please comment on each scenario only through recording voice.

It doesn’t matter at all if you say some words or sentences incomplete or
wrong, so please do not delete what have you recorded. Also, please do not
re-record.

Please make sure your microphone works properly, before answering the
scenarios. In case you had any problem with recording your voice on the
Voicethread website, It’s still possible to record your answers by a
microphone on your computer and send the audio files to my email.

If you would like to help me with my research by completing the online survey
and/or passing it on to (other) suitable participants, I'd appreciate it very
much. If you have any questions about my project, don't hesitate to contact me
at eli.rad64 at gmail.com or Elaheh.Nosratirad at atud.leuphana.de.

Thank you for considering my request - I'm very grateful for any support.

Sincerely,

Elaheh Nosratirad

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
                     Discourse Analysis