25.4875, Calls: General Ling, Historical Ling, Ling & Lit, Philosophy of Lang, Socioling/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 2 22:16:07 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-4875. Tue Dec 02 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.4875, Calls: General Ling, Historical Ling, Ling & Lit, Philosophy of Lang, Socioling/UK

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 17:15:56
From: Armin Yavari [armin at symposia-iranica.com]
Subject: 2nd Biennial Graduate Conference on Iranian Studies

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-4875.html&submissionid=35985777&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 2nd Biennial Graduate Conference on Iranian Studies
Short Title: Symposia Iranica

Date: 08-Apr-2015 - 09-Apr-2015
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Armin Yavari
Meeting Email: info at symposia-iranica.com
Web Site: http://symposia-iranica.com

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Philosophy of Language; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 05-Dec-2014

Meeting Description:

Symposia Iranica, Second Biennial
Graduate Conference on Iranian Studies

Hosted by the University of Cambridge at Downing and Pembroke Colleges, 8-9 April 2015

Symposia Iranica is the biennial international graduate conference on Iranian studies. We bring together students and early career scholars to celebrate, encourage and stimulate their interest and engagement with the field, and seek to deliver a rounded, academically and professionally enriching experience that will have a real impact on the thinking, output and career progression of our participants.

For details of the conference, our website is: symposia-iranica.com.
Follow us on: facebook.com/SymposiaIranica, @SymposiaIranica

Bursaries:

Bursaries sponsored by the Barakat Trust are available for proposals on Islamic art, architecture or archaeology. To qualify for this award, you must be matriculated at a university in the Middle East or Asia. For conditions of the award, see our Call for Papers or to check whether this bursary applies to a specific country, see our FAQs for a map.

An accommodation bursary sponsored by the British Epigraphy Society will be awarded for a proposal relating to any of the ancient through to late-antique languages, such as Old Persian, Middle Persian/Pahlavi, Parthian, Babylonian, Chorasmian, Elamite, Sogdian, Bactrian, as well as Latin or Greek.

Sponsors:

We gratefully acknowledge the support of the British Institute of Persian Studies, the Soudavar Memorial Foundation, the Barakat Trust, Iran Heritage Foundation, the Shahnama Centre for Persian Studies, and the University of Cambridge and thank the Magic of Persia Foundation, the Ancient India and Iran Trust, the Global Heritage Fund, I.B.Tauris Publishers, Brill Publishers, and the British Epigraphy Society for their sponsorship.

Armin Yavari, Founding Chair
Michael Pye, Co-Chair
Peyvand Firouzeh, Coordinator

The Biennial Graduate Conference on Iranian Studies
E. info at symposia-iranica.com W. Symposia-Iranica.com
F. Facebook.com/SymposiaIranica T. @SymposiaIranica

Call for Papers:

Deadline for proposals: 5 December 2014

Applications are warmly invited for papers that relate to any aspect of Iranian studies in any discipline within the arts, humanities and social sciences, while comparative themes and interdisciplinary approaches are also very welcome. Sponsored best paper prizes and honorary mentions will be awarded in the following categories: cultural heritage or conservation; history; contemporary Iranian art; international relations and political science; art and architecture history; and literature. All proposals undergo double blind peer review.

Individual Proposal Form: http://symposia-iranica.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/SIranica-Individual-Papers.pdf

Pre-arranged Panel Form: http://symposia-iranica.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/SIranica-Pre-Arranged-Panels.pdf

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/