25.4998, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: University of Liverpool

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 9 21:19:32 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-4998. Tue Dec 09 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.4998, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: University of Liverpool

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 16:19:20
From: Siobhan Chapman [src at liv.ac.uk]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-4998.html&submissionid=35988317&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Liverpool
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.liv.ac.uk/working/jobvacancies/currentvacancies/academic/a-586198/
Job Title: Lecturer in English Language
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of English seeks to appoint a Lecturer in English Language to
contribute to the teaching of a range of modules in our existing undergraduate
provision, to develop new modules and to supervise PhD students. Applications
are welcome from those with teaching and research interests in any area of
English Language, but we are particularly interested in applications from
those with expertise in one or more of the following: language acquisition
and/or language learning and literacy in English; discourse and/or text
analysis; the grammar of English.

You will have a PhD in English Language and a record of significant research
publications and will be able to make a substantial and sustained contribution
to the internationally excellent research profile of the department. You will
be expected to build on and expand on our current research strengths and
establish research and teaching synergies within the department and beyond.
You will be expected to contribute to teaching on a range of existing modules
on our undergraduate programme, including introductory modules in English
Language, and also to develop the programme with new modules in English
Language related to your own research. All staff have additional
administrative responsibilities within the department, and there will be
additional leadership opportunities within the School of the Arts and the
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.

The Department

English is situated within the School of the Arts, which is one of four
Schools in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. Further information
on Teaching and Research including descriptions of staff interests are
appended below, including lists of publications, can be found on the School’s
website at: http://www.liv.ac.uk/english/.

Job Ref: A-586198
Salary £31,644- £36,661 pa
Closing Date: 2 January 2015