25.5044, Calls: Phonology, Phonetics, Language Acquisition/Canada

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 11 22:13:18 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-5044. Thu Dec 11 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.5044, Calls: Phonology, Phonetics, Language Acquisition/Canada

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 17:13:07
From: Yvan Rose [yrose at mun.ca]
Subject: International Child Phonology Conference 2015

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-5044.html&submissionid=35989257&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: International Child Phonology Conference 2015
Short Title: ICPC 2015

Date: 24-Jun-2015 - 26-Jun-2015
Location: St. John's NL, Canada
Contact Person: Yvan Rose
Meeting Email: icpc2015 at mun.ca
Web Site: http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~icpc2015

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition; Phonetics; Phonology

Call Deadline: 23-Jan-2015

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce that the next International Child Phonology Conference will take place at Memorial University, in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada, on June 24-26, 2015.

Following the conference’s tradition, there will be no invited speakers.

Call for Papers:

We invite proposals for oral and poster presentations covering any aspect of children’s phonological development. Topics include (but are not limited to) the first, early second language, and bilingual development of phonological systems and their relations to other aspects of the learner’s grammar, perceptual system, speech phonetics, or mental lexicon. We welcome proposals from any current theoretical and computational model of phonology and phonological development observed in either typical or protracted learners of either oral or signed languages.

Abstracts must be submitted via the EasyAbstract website:

http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/icpc2015

Authors should indicate whether they prefer to deliver an oral presentation or a poster. Oral presentations will be allocated 30 minutes each (including a 10-minute period for discussion). Posters will be displayed in dedicated poster sessions that do not overlap with oral presentations. Please note that we will only accept a maximum of two papers per author: one as sole or lead author, and one as secondary author.

Abstracts should be maximally 500 words long, with an additional page for references, examples, tables, and tableaux, if needed. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed anonymously.

Abstract submission deadline: January 23, 2015