25.526, FYI: All-New SpecGram (February 2014) Online

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Feb 1 16:21:36 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-526. Sat Feb 01 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.526, FYI: All-New SpecGram (February 2014) Online

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva <uliana at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 11:20:59
From: Trey Jones [Trey at SpecGram.com]
Subject: All-New SpecGram (February 2014) Online

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-526.html&submissionid=27046591&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Greetings, Linguists!

The February 2014 Special Tenth Digiversary Issue of Speculative Grammarian - the premier scholarly journal featuring research in the neglected field of satirical linguistics - is now available online for your browsing pleasure.

http://SpecGram.com/CLXIX.2/

The editors and publishers of Speculative Grammarian are pleased to announce that the Special Tenth Digiversary Issue (presented in association with Panini Press) of our apparently fairly old journal is now available. This issue features many excellent articles, including a correction to an egregiously mistaken etymology of Timothy from decades ago, a double dose from the SpecGram Archives, another in a long line of articles debating spelling reform, a new proposal for measuring linguistic humor, and the sundriness of things you didn’t know you didn’t know - along with the usual collection of testimonials, limericks, cartoons, book announcements, puzzles, advertisements, and more...

Next time (March 2014), we will have another all-new issue of Speculative Grammarian.

Enjoy!

-Trey Jones
Managing Editor, Speculative Grammarian
http://SpecGram.com

The Speculative Grammarian Essential Guide to Linguistics
http://SpecGram.com/book

P.S.: If you'd like to help out the SpecGram podcast by recording a reading of an article, send me an email!

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/