25.580, Jobs: Comp Ling; General Ling; Phonetics; Pragmatics: Senior Speech Application Developer, Interactive Intelligence

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 4 18:29:03 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-580. Tue Feb 04 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.580, Jobs: Comp Ling; General Ling; Phonetics; Pragmatics: Senior Speech Application Developer, Interactive Intelligence

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 13:27:53
From: LeAnn Melichar [leann.melichar at inin.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Pragmatics: Senior Speech Application Developer, Interactive Intelligence, Indiana, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-580.html&submissionid=27119135&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Interactive Intelligence
Department: Development -  Media Group
Job Location: Indiana, USA
Web Address: http://www.inin.com
Job Rank: Senior Speech Application Developer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Pragmatics; Natural Language Technology; VUI or Voice User Interface

Interactive Intelligence offers employees a unique work atmosphere where innovation and hard work is valued and rewarded.  Our environment is empowering and offers a positive climate and a balance of work life/home life, as well as an awesome workout facility!!!  The culture at Interactive Intelligence drives the “Work Hard-Play Hard” attitude, resulting in a Best Places to Work in Indiana Award for 7 years in a row!

Join a thriving, highly recognized company that has been ranked 7th in “Top 10 Places to Work in 2014” by Glassdoor.com.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Best-Places-to-Work-LST_KQ0,19.htm

Interactive Intelligence continues to grow due to our many successes in the telecommunications market   We have received Frost & Sullivan's Company of the Year Award, Contact Center Systems, North America, for the last three consecutive years, and we have been named one of Software Magazine's 2013 Top 500 Global Software and Service Providers.  Additionally, we have been the recipients of TMC's Cloud Computing Magazine's 2013 Cloud Computing Excellence Award.

Interactive Intelligence is forming a new development group whose focus is the design and implementation of sophisticated voice dialog applications and components.  The Speech Application Developers who fill these positions must be self-motivated, driven, and have a perfectionist streak.  The individuals must have a proven track record working with customers and designing and implementing custom speech-enabled applications that meet their business requirements.  The Speech Application Developers will be working in a fast-paced environment on a wide range of projects for our customers world-wide.

Major Responsibilities/Activities:
- Experience with full lifecycle development (design, implementation, testing, and tuning) of speech-enabled IVR applications, including multi-modal and mixed initiative dialogs
- In-depth experience with VoiceXML, SSML, SRGS, and ECMAScript/JavaScript
- Familiarity with Web technologies (HTTP, REST) and Web application development
- Basic knowledge of human-computer interface design principles

Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with Nuance Natural Language technology
- Experience with Nuance Dialog Modules (NDMs)
- Experience with Interactive Intelligence Interaction Designer
- Experience with dialog persona and prompt design
- Experience programming in Java, C#, C++, or similar
- Knowledge of CCXML, MRCP, or SIP
- Experience as a team lead in application and grammar development
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages

Minimum Requirements
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related field with an emphasis in statistical techniques, machine learning, large scale software system development, and/or numerical computation topics
- 5+ years of relevant research experience in industry or academia
- Innovative research in the areas of signal processing, numerical methods, system optimization, and/or pattern recognition
- Experience developing under Windows/Unix operating environment and tools

Work Context
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.

Please apply online through our website if interested in being considered for the position. We cannot take resumes at the contact email, but I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

High preference for location of position to be at our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN but remote can be an option for very solid senior level developers.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Web Address for Applications: http://www.inin.com/careers/Pages/Positions.aspx?jvi=oZHhYfwF,Job
Contact Information:
	Team Lead, Sr Corporate Recruiter LeAnn Melichar
	Email: leann.melichar at inin.com

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/