25.586, Calls: General Linguistics/ International Journal of Language Studies (IJLS) (Jrnl)

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 4 18:52:41 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-586. Tue Feb 04 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.586, Calls: General Linguistics/ International Journal of Language Studies (IJLS) (Jrnl)

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 13:52:14
From: Mohammad Ali Salmani Nodoushan [dr.nodoushan at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-586.html&submissionid=27046670&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: International Journal of Language Studies (IJLS)

Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2014

In association with Springer, the International Journal of Language Studies is going to publish a series of edited volumes on the 'Ritual of death: A cross-linguistic perspective' (to be edited by Professor Mohammad Ali Salmani Nodoushan and Professor Alessandro Capone).

Abstracts are invited (Deadline: 15 April 2014). CVs should also be sent to us along with abstracts. Our plan is to have 30 chapters in each volume in the series (each between 10,000 and 12,000 words--references included).

We would like to produce a scholarly reference series which covers the rituals of death in virtually all cultures around the world. Interested linguists and researchers are invited to read the following papers to get an idea of what kind of chapters we would like to receive:
Capone, Alessandro. 2010. On pragmemes again: Dealing with death. La Linguistique 46(2): 3-21.
Salmani Nodoushan, Mohammad A. 2013. The social semiotics of funerary rites in Iran. International Journal of Language Studies 7(1): 79-102. (http://www.ijls.net/vol7no1.html)

Please send your abstracts along with your professional CVs to: dr.nodoushan at gmail.com

Deadline for abstracts: 15 April 2014

Deadline for full papers/chapters: 15 September 2014

Editorial style to follow: APA Editorial Style

Contact Information: dr.nodoushan at gmail.com

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/