25.692, Calls: Phonetics, Psycholinguistics/ The Phonetician (Jrnl)

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 10 17:53:10 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-692. Mon Feb 10 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.692, Calls: Phonetics, Psycholinguistics/ The Phonetician (Jrnl)

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:52:53
From: András Beke [beke.andras at nytud.mta.hu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-692.html&submissionid=27337153&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: The Phonetician

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics; Psycholinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2014

The Phonetician
Peer-reviewed journal of the International Society of Phonetic Sciences (ISPhS)

Aims & Scope
The Phonetician will publish peer-reviewed papers and short articles in all areas of speech science including articulatory and acoustic phonetics, speech production and perception, speech synthesis, speech technology, applied phonetics, psycholinguistics, sociophonetics, history of phonetics, etc. Contributions should primarily focus on experimental work but theoretical and methodological papers will also be considered.

Editorial
Review Editor: Prof. Dr. Judith Rosenhouse, Swantech, Israel; swantech at 013.net.il
Guest Editor: Dr. György Szaszák: Idiap Research Institute, Switzerland; gyorgy.szaszak at idiap.ch
Guest Editor: Dr. András Beke: Kempelen Farkas Speech Research Laboratory, Research Institute for Linguistics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary; beke.andras at nytud.mta.hu

Published issues:
http://www.isphs.org/1973.html

Important Dates
April 30, 2014 is the final deadline to send your manuscript. We encourage you to send early.

Submission Guidelines
Papers should be original works that have not been published and are not being considered for publication elsewhere.  Authors should follow the Journal of Phonetics guidelines for the preparation of their manuscripts. Manuscripts will be reviewed anonymously by two experts in phonetics.

The title page should include:
i) The authors' names
ii) Affiliations
iii) Address,
iv) E-mail,
v) Telephone, and fax numbers.

Manuscripts should include an abstract of no more than 150 words and up to four keywords. The final version of the manuscript should be sent both in .doc and in .pdf files. It is the authors' responsibility to obtain written permission to reproduce copyright material.

All kinds of manuscripts should be sent in electronic form (.doc and .pdf) to the editor. We encourage our colleagues to send manuscripts for our newly released section entitled MA research, which is a summary of the student's phonetics research describing their motivation, topic, goal, and results (no more than 1,200 words).

Manuscripts should be sent to the Secretary General:  Prof. Dr. Mária Gósy: gosy.maria at nytud.mta.hu
Or:
Guest Editor: Dr. András Beke: beke.andras at nytud.mta.hu