25.721, Jobs: Applied Ling: Asst/Assoc Prof, CUNY York College

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 11 20:17:50 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-721. Tue Feb 11 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.721, Jobs: Applied Ling: Asst/Assoc Prof, CUNY York College

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 15:17:39
From:  No Emails [no at emails.com]
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Asst/Assoc Professor, CUNY York College, New York, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-721.html&submissionid=27482442&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: CUNY York College
Department: English
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.cuny.edu
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Assistant/Associate Professor - Applied Linguistics (Department of English).
Job ID: 10027
York College/CUNY

Faculty Vacancy Announcement
The Department of English at York College/CUNY invites applications for Applied Linguistics. We invite applicants working in Sociolinguistics, Applied Linguistics, Educational Linguistics, or another closely related field. Some background in Rhetoric and Composition is desirable. The successful candidate will also have the ability to teach courses including Introductory Grammar and Syntax, Sociolinguistics, and History of the English Language as well as general education courses in composition.

Responsibilities include undergraduate teaching in the English Department, advising students, service to the department and the college, and conducting research and publishing in relevant fields of study.

York is a senior college of the City University of New York located in southeast Queens.

Qualifications
Ph.D. in Linguistics or related field is required. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.

To begin September 1, 2014, candidates must have an earned doctorate in hand by that date.

Compensation
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.

Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. Summer teaching may be possible.

How to Apply
Candidates for faculty positions should minimally provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests. Additional requirements may appear below.

Please submit your application online through this job board as follows:
- Go to the application website below and click on Employment
- Select "Apply Now" then create or login to a user account and provide the requested information.
- Click on Job Postings on CUNYfirst
- Click Search job listings
- Click on More search options
- Search by Job Opening ID number 10027

*In order to be considered for this position, applicants must submit a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, sample publication or researched writing, and contact information for three references. Please upload these as ONE document in rtf, doc, or pdf format.

Closing Date
March 14, 2014

Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply.  We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.

Application Deadline: 14-Mar-2014

Web Address for Applications: http://www.cuny.edu
Contact Information
	No Emails