25.735, Calls: Syntax, Semantics, Phonology/Spain

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 12 16:42:50 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-735. Wed Feb 12 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.735, Calls: Syntax, Semantics, Phonology/Spain

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 11:42:32
From: Javi Fernández [jfdezsanchez at gmail.com]
Subject: 11th Workshop on Syntax, Semantics and Phonology

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-735.html&submissionid=27482575&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 11th Workshop on Syntax, Semantics and Phonology
Short Title: WoSSP

Date: 05-Jun-2014 - 06-Jun-2014
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Contact Person: Javi Fernández
Meeting Email: wossp11bcn at gmail.com
Web Site: http://filcat.uab.cat/clt/wossp

Linguistic Field(s): Phonology; Semantics; Syntax

Call Deadline: 14-Feb-2014

Meeting Description:

WoSSP (originally WoSS – workshop on syntax and semantics – but this year we have decided to include our beloved phonologists – hence the final P – into the conference name!) is a series of rotating graduate workshops organised by PhD students for PhD students who work on any aspect of generative linguistics.

This year, the 11th WoSSP will be held at the Center for Theoretical Linguistics of the Autonomous University of Barcelona.

This workshop is aimed at PhD students who wish to present their work in progress so as to receive valuable feedback from other PhD students. We also want to promote the bonds within this generation of young linguists.

Call for Papers:

Prospective participants are encouraged to submit their abstracts on any aspect of theoretical linguistics, especially – but not exclusively – syntax, semantics and phonology.

Authors can't hold a PhD before June 2014.

Abstracts must be anonymous and at most two pages long including examples and references.

Formatting conventions hold: A4 with one-inch margins and 12-point Times New Roman font, single spacing.

Abstracts must be submitted via EasyChair to the address: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=11thwossp by March 14, 2014 and submissions are limited to one single abstract per author.

We will notify the accepted papers by mid/late April. These will be presented orally and authors will have 20 minutes for exposition plus 10 minutes for discussion.