25.946, A Letter from LL Editor Anna White

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 25 16:59:59 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-946. Tue Feb 25 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.946, A Letter from LL Editor Anna White

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sara  Couture <sara at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:56:57
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: LINGUIST List: A Place for Growth and Community

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-946.html&submissionid=27992681&topicid=121&msgnumber=1

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

My name is Anna White and I am a student editor here at the LINGUIST List. I
am originally from Shreveport, Louisiana and I have just begun working at the
LINGUIST List this semester.

I obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics at Baylor University in Waco,
Texas in May 2013. After finishing my undergraduate degree, one of my
professors in the Linguistics Program at Baylor told me about the Master's in
Linguistics program at Eastern Michigan University and the wonderful
opportunity to work at the LINGUIST List that the program could provide. She
had graduated from the Master's program herself and recommended it to me. I
enrolled in the program in fall of 2013.

I now have a graduate assistantship at the LINGUIST List that supports me as I
pursue a Master's degree in Linguistics. I am so thankful to have a job that
is relevant to my field at such an early stage of my career, and I greatly
enjoy working at the LINGUIST List. Every day I look forward to working with
other linguists on services that aid the linguistic community and projects
that further our knowledge and make resources accessible to our community.

I edit the conference calls for papers and I have just started working on the
MultiTree project, which I look forward to contributing to and learning from.
I feel that the work I am able to do here matters, and I am so grateful to
everyone that supports the LINGUIST List. Please help us continue to grow and
support students like me in the pursuit of higher education in the field of
Linguistics.

Your support allows us to keep providing valuable services and resources to
our community. When you donate to the LINGUIST List, you are supporting our
projects and daily functioning. You are supporting students that love
Linguistics as much as you do, and helping us to make a future in the field
for which we all have a passion.

If you can, please consider donating at least some small amount to help us
keep running in the coming year. You can follow this link to see our fund
drive page and learn more about why your contribution matters so much. Many
thanks.

https://linguistlist.org/donation/index.cfm

Sincerely,

Anna White
Calls & Conferences Editor
The LINGUIST List

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $75,000. This money will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund Drive 2014 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2014/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at https://linguistlist.org/donation/donate/donate1.cfm

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to: https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to donate by check, money order, PayPal or wire transfer, please visit: http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered 501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company operates such a program.