25.1005, Calls: Slavic, Text/Corpus Ling, Computational Ling, Morphology/Poland

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 28 01:20:41 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-1005. Thu Feb 27 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.1005, Calls: Slavic, Text/Corpus Ling, Computational Ling, Morphology/Poland

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 20:20:09
From: Izabela Kozera [izabela.kozera at poczta.fm]
Subject: Workshop - CYLAT 2014

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-1005.html&submissionid=27992751&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Workshop - CYLAT 2014

Date: 03-Apr-2014 - 04-Apr-2014
Location: Kraków, Poland
Contact Person: Izabela Kozera
Meeting Email: izabela.kozera at poczta.fm
Web Site: http://cylat2014.wordpress.com/workshops/

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Language Family(ies): Slavic Subgroup

Call Deadline: 05-Mar-2014

Meeting Description:

During the Cracow Young Linguists’ and Translation Researchers’ Conference
(CYLAT 2014), we are planning to organize a workshop on the use of tools of
corpus linguistics in the study of Slavic languages. The workshop will be
conducted by our distinguished guests – prof. Bjorn Wiemer and dr. Ruprecht
von Waldenfels. The working languages of the workshop are Polish and Russian.
In order to sign up for the workshop please fill in the registration form
(available in Polish or Russian on the conference website) and send it to our
email: cylat2014 at gmail.com.

Call for Papers:

The focus of this workshop is the use of tools of corpus linguistics in the study of Slavic languages. We especially welcome colleagues involved in research on the category of aspect in Slavic languages.

The workshop participants are required to have basic knowledge about query syntax for the National Corpus of Polish (http://nkjp.pl/) and for The Parallel Corpus of Slavic and other languages – ParaSol (http://parasol.unibe.ch/). The deadline for submissions is 5 March 2014.

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $75,000. This money will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund Drive 2014 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2014/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at https://linguistlist.org/donation/donate/donate1.cfm

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to: https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to donate by check, money order, PayPal or wire transfer, please visit: http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered 501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company operates such a program.