25.28, Calls: General Linguistics/Australia

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 7 20:22:52 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-28. Tue Jan 07 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.28, Calls: General Linguistics/Australia

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 15:22:06
From: Susan Ford [alw13 at anu.edu.au]
Subject: Aboriginal Languages Workshop

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-28.html&submissionid=25315934&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Aboriginal Languages Workshop
Short Title: ALW13

Date: 07-Mar-2014 - 09-Mar-2014
Location: Kioloa, New South Wales, Australia
Contact Person: Susan Ford
Meeting Email: alw13 at anu.edu.au

Call Deadline: 18-Jan-2014

Meeting Description:

The 13th Aboriginal Languages workshop is an informal gathering for discussion
and presentation of papers and posters. It will take place over the weekend of
7 to 9 March 2014 at the Kioloa coastal campus of the Australian National
University.

Call for Papers:

We are now calling for papers to be presented at this years's Aboriginal Languages Workshop (ALW) at Kioloa, from 7-9 March 2014.

Please include your name(s), title of paper, and an abstract of less than a page, as well as your choice of time length (20, 30 or 40 mins - each including discussion time, with Poster presentation a further option).

Three workshops will be held in association with ALW:

Workshop: 'Grammatical aspects of language contact since colonisation' will be held in Canberra pre-ALW (a one-and-a-half day slot Wednesday – Friday, 5-7 March 2014 - exact timing to be confirmed). Papers are solicited.

Organisers: Felicity Meakins and Carmel O'Shannessy

Workshop: 'Muffled voices from the archives: A crossdisciplinary workshop on restoring Aboriginal words and meanings in historical sources.' Papers are solicited.

Organisers: Patrick McConvell, Piers Kelly, Helen Gardner, Harold Koc

Demonstration Workshop: Living Archive of Aboriginal Languages (probably 6 March 2014)

Organiser: Cathy Bow

Please state if you would like the paper to be considered for  the McConvell, et al. workshop, or the Meakins/O'Shannessy workshop as well.

Please also email some preregistration information so we can plan accommodation / catering bookings. We need to know:

(a) Who's coming (you, partner etc.)
(b) If you are OK with shared rooming arrangements (some rooms are bunk-rooms)
(c) Which nights you will need accommodation for (Friday and Saturday is the default if staying for whole of ALW)
(d) If you need to book bedding (sheets, blankets etc.) at a small extra charge (otherwise bring your own)

These numbers are to help us work out costs; once we have done this we will get out a more formal call for registration.

Please email abstracts and preregistration information to alw13 at anu.edu.au.

Deadline: January 18, 2014

ANU Conveners:

Nick Evans and Jane Simpson