25.152, Qs: Call for Participation

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 10 18:41:26 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-152. Fri Jan 10 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.152, Qs: Call for Participation

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alex Isotalo <alx at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:41:15
From: Ania Kubisz [ania.kubisz at york.ac.uk]
Subject: Call for Participation

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-152.html&submissionid=26107158&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear Participant,

I am a PhD student at the Department of Language and Linguistic Science at the University of York. I am researching processes present in the English accents.

Please keep reading if you're a native speaker of British English.

Language studies are exciting and they’re fun. My study is an innovative piece of research looking at accents from a different perspective as it involves perception of speech.

Your help and participation in the study is vital to the success of the project because it will help understand process and changes occurring in the English language.

Each completed survey will be entered into a draw to win Amazon vouchers.

The study takes about 60 minutes and can be found here:

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1295103/AS2

Please ensure you wear headphones or earphones at all times. Take the study in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
It is strongly recommended that you use Google Chrome, Safari or  iOS browser. Only these browsers support the audio files used in the study.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope you take the study!

Warm wishes,
Ania

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)