25.157, Calls: Ling & Literature/Canada

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 10 19:04:51 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-157. Fri Jan 10 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.157, Calls: Ling & Literature/Canada

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:04:39
From: Carol Lombard [linguist1022 at gmail.com]
Subject: American Name Society Panel at MLA Annual Convention 2015

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-157.html&submissionid=26107149&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: American Name Society Panel at MLA Annual Convention 2015
Short Title: ANS at MLA 2015

Date: 08-Jan-2015 - 11-Jan-2015
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Contact Person: Carol Lombard
Meeting Email: linguist1022 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.wtsn.binghamton.edu/ans/

Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2014

Meeting Description:

In conjunction with the Modern Languages Association (MLA), the American Name
Society (ANS) is pleased to announce the ANS panel at the MLA Annual
Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada) 8-11 January, 2015. The
theme for our 2015 panel will be “Names in Works of Fantasy and
Science-Fiction”.

Call for Papers:

In conjunction with the Modern Languages Association (MLA), the American Name Society (ANS) is pleased to invite submissions for the ANS panel at the MLA Annual Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada) 8-11 January, 2015.

The theme for our 2015 panel will be “Names in Works of Fantasy and Science-Fiction”. We encourage submissions pertaining to this topic from diverse genres including (but by no means limited to) literature, poetry, television and film. Papers from anywhere in the world are most welcome.

Interested authors are requested to submit an abstract of 250 words and a completed information sheet by February 15, 2014, to Ms. Carol G. Lombard at linguist1022 at gmail.com. To download the official information sheet, please visit the ANS website at http://www.wtsn.binghamton.edu/ans/.

All submissions must be in English and conform to MLA stylistic regulations.

Please note that you do not need to be a member of the American Name Society to submit an abstract. However, if your paper is accepted for presentation, you must become a member in order to present in our panel.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Lombard at the above e-mail address.