25.239, Calls: General Linguistics/Greek

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 14 18:14:26 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-239. Tue Jan 14 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.239, Calls: General Linguistics/Greek

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 13:13:57
From: Konstantina Kordouli [picgl3 at upatras.gr]
Subject: 3rd Patras International Conference of Graduate Students in Linguistics

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-239.html&submissionid=26251356&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 3rd Patras International Conference of Graduate Students in Linguistics
Short Title: PICGL3

Date: 23-May-2014 - 25-May-2014
Location: Patra, Greece
Contact Person: Konstantina Kordouli
Meeting Email: picgl3 at upatras.gr
Web Site: http://picgl3.wordpress.com

Call Deadline: 10-Feb-2014

Meeting Description:

3rd Patras International Conference of Graduate Students in Linguistics (PICGL3)
May 23-25, 2014

This conference is addressed to graduate students (MA or PhD) from Greece and all over the world who would like to present current research in any field of linguistics (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, historical linguistics, discourse analysis, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, computational linguistics, lexicology, lexicography, language acquisition, language teaching, etc.).

We would like to announce the names of the invited speakers who have accepted our invitation to give a plenary talk in our conference:

Prof. Dr. Pavel Štekauer (Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice)
Prof. Anna Anastassiadi-Symeonidi (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
Dr. Francesco Gardani (University of Vienna)
Dr. Nikos Koutsoukos (University of Patras)

Conference email address: picgl3 at upatras.gr

2nd Call for Papers:

The organizing committee of the 3rd Patras International Conference of Graduate Students in Linguistics (PICGL3) would like to inform you that the deadline for the submission of the papers has been extended until the 10 of February (2014). We cordially invite young researchers (MA and PhD students) to submit their papers in any field of linguistics.

The conference will take place at the Conference & Cultural Centre of the University of Patras (23-25 May 2014). Presentations should be of 20 minutes length plus 10 minutes for discussion. The official languages of the conference are English and Greek. If you would like to find more details about the conference (lodging, transportation and participation), please visit our website: picgl3.wordpress.com

Guidelines to Participants:

Please send your abstract electronically to: picgl3 at upatras.gr.

The message should be of the following format:

1. Email subject: Abstract submission.
2. Email body: (a) name and surname, (b) affiliation (Department and University), (c) the title of the paper, (d) the area of research (e.g. Morphology, Syntax, Phonetics, Psycholinguistics, etc.), this will help the review process, and (e) how you wish to present your paper (i.e. talk or poster)
3. Abstract should be sent as attachment in either .doc (2003/2007/2010 version) or .pdf file, which should be anonymous and should not exceed 500 words (including references).

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/