25.245, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition, Text/Corpus Ling/Japan

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 14 19:56:55 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-245. Tue Jan 14 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.245, Calls: Applied Linguistics,  Language Acquisition, Text/Corpus Ling/Japan

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 14:56:39
From: Shin Ishikawa [iskwshin at gmail.com]
Subject: Learner Corpus Studies in Asia and the World 2014

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-245.html&submissionid=26251329&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Learner Corpus Studies in Asia and the World 2014
Short Title: LCSAW2014

Date: 31-May-2014 - 01-Jun-2014
Location: Kobe, Japan
Contact Person: Shin Ishikawa
Meeting Email: iskwshin at gmail.com
Web Site: http://language.sakura.ne.jp/icnale/symposium_2014.html

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2014

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the Learner Corpus Studies in Asia and the World 2014 (LCSAW2014) to be held from May 31 to June 1, 2014 at Kobe, Japan, following our successful meeting in 2013.

It is a great pleasure for us to have Dr. Tony McEnery and Dr. Andrew Hardie, who are known to be the authors of Corpus Linguistics: Method, Theory, and Practice (CUP, 2012) as well as Dr. Tomoko Kaneko, a leader of LINDESI-JP (Louvain International Database of Spoken English Interlanguage, Japanese Module) Project as our keynote speakers.

Call for Papers:

Submission deadline: February 15, 2014

The LCSAW Symposiums have aimed to discuss learner corpus studies in Asian contexts from varied theoretical and practical perspectives. Although the LCSAW2014 puts a special emphasis on (i) the relationship between general corpus studies and learner corpus studies, and (ii) the expanding possibilities of spoken learner corpora, we are happy to consider submissions concerning the learner corpus studies of any type. Research works based on non-English learner corpora are also welcomed.

Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings.

The LCSAW2014 Organizing Committee cordially invites potential participants to send in a 100-150 word abstract as well as your personal information via online form no later than February 15, 2014.

Submit your abstract now.