25.363, Qs: ''Taking the Lab to the Field'' references

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 21 17:22:50 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-363. Tue Jan 21 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.363, Qs: ''Taking the Lab to the Field'' references

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alex Isotalo <alx at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:22:39
From: Doug Whalen [whalen at haskin.yale.edu]
Subject: ''Taking the Lab to the Field'' references

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-363.html&submissionid=26468015&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

For a review article on "Taking the Laboratory into the Field", we would appreciate citations (and offprints, if possible) of articles, by yourself or others on this topic. This includes such phonetic methods as palatography, articulometry, ultrasound, airflow, and other measures of articulation, as well psychological tests such as reaction time, eye tracking, electroencephalography, etc.  Any application of these techniques in situ are relevant.  We are excluding audio and video recording, unless they involve unusual techniques for elicitation (map task, toy task, etc.).

Please send references to Doug Whalen (whalen at haskins.yale.edu) or Joyce McDonough (joyce.mcdonough at rochester.edu).  We need these by the end of February, 2014.

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation
                     Phonetics
                     Psycholinguistics

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/