25.2873, Qs: Online Survey: SMS language

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 8 19:29:25 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-2873. Tue Jul 08 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.2873, Qs: Online Survey: SMS language

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 15:28:53
From: Jarusela Jarliński [yarusela_55 at outlook.com]
Subject: Online Survey: SMS language

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-2873.html&submissionid=35115399&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on my Master's thesis. The topic of my thesis is:
The linguistic creaitivity of LOLspeak and Textspeak.

The purpose of my study is to analyze linguistic aspects of LOLspeak
(hilarious captions written to cat pictures) and Textspeak (the variant of
English typically used in SMS messages). In order to be able to complete
the empirical part of my thesis, I have to collect authentic text messages.
Not much research has been conducted on the creativity of private text
messages so far which, makes this study particularly interesting and useful
for other researchers.

I would like to invite all native speakers of English to participate in my
project. I assure the anonymity of individual text messages and also agree
to thank those participants who wish to reveal their real names, in the
acknowledgements of my thesis.

Here is the link to my study:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K9T3N8N

I would be grateful for your help.