25.2511, Jobs: Multiple Languages; Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Facebook

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jun 11 16:04:31 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-2511. Wed Jun 11 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.2511, Jobs: Multiple Languages; Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Facebook

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:04:18
From: Gina Ger [ginager at fb.com]
Subject: Multiple Languages; Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Facebook, California, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-2511.html&submissionid=34137239&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Facebook
Department: Language Technology Group
Job Location: California, USA
Job Title: Language Engineer
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      French (fra)
                      Portuguese (por)
                      Russian (rus)
                      Spanish (spa)

The Language Technology Group at Facebook is working to eliminate all language barriers in the world.  We are seeking passionate language engineers to help us build systems to scale our text-to-speech and machine translation technologies to the world.

We are looking for Language Engineers in: Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, and Arabic.

You will work on tasks in your target language related to:
- Developing language-specific rules in phonology, phrasing, grapheme to phoneme, etc.
- Automation tools for your language
- Quality assessment of automatic outputs

Required skills:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or closely related discipline
- Native speaker in one of: Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Arabic - with fluency in English
- Solid programming skills (Unix/Python/C++)
- Interest in natural language processing, data mining, information extraction a plus

The positions are based in Menlo Park, CA at Facebook’s headquarters.  This is a 6-month temporary position with a possibility to be converted to full-time.

Email Address for Applications: ginager at fb.com
Contact Information:
	Gina Ger
	Email: ginager at fb.com