25.2593, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Lecturer, University of York

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 17 13:16:02 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-2593. Tue Jun 17 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.2593, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Lecturer, University of York

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:15:49
From: Carmen Llamas [carmen.llamas at york.ac.uk]
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Lecturer, University of York, York, United Kingdom

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-2593.html&submissionid=34287405&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of York
Department: Department of Language & Linguistic Science
Job Location: York, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.york.ac.uk/language/
Job Title: Lecturer in Sociolinguistics
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

The Department of Language and Linguistic Science is seeking to appoint a Lecturer to contribute to research and teaching in the field of Sociolinguistics.

The post is suitable for an early to mid-career linguist who is establishing, or has established, a track record of high quality publications in peer-reviewed journals and who is also committed to excellence in teaching and supervision. The person appointed will play a full part in the research, teaching, supervision and administrative activities of the Department, with particular responsibility for teaching and supervising on undergraduate programmes in Linguistics/English Language, as well as on our MA programme in Sociolinguistics. We welcome applications from scholars in any area of Sociolinguistics, whose research and teaching interests complement or further extend our existing strengths in the study of Language Variation and Change.

You should ensure that you meet the Essential Criteria listed in the Person Specification section in the Candidate Brief associated with the post before starting an application. In particular, you must have a PhD in Linguistics or a related area to have been awarded by the end of September 2014.

Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Carmen Llamas by telephone or by e-mail (details below). Please also see the department web pages (link above).

Application Deadline: 15-Jul-2014

Web Address for Applications: http://bit.ly/1luOzx5
Contact Information:
	Dr. Carmen Llamas