25.2720, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist / Terminologist, Caron Publications AG

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 27 02:45:04 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-2720. Thu Jun 26 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.2720, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist / Terminologist, Caron Publications AG

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:44:36
From: Thomas Kuhn [t.kuhn at caron.ch]
Subject: English; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist / Terminologist, Caron Publications AG, Central Switzerland, Switzerland

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-2720.html&submissionid=34587977&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Caron Publications AG
Job Location: Central Switzerland, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.caron.ch
Job Title: Computational Linguist / Terminologist
Job Rank: Computational Linguist / Terminologist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

We are a Technical Communication company in Switzerland and seeking for one of our customers a computational linguist/terminologist.

To investigate a possible improvement of the indexing and retrieval function of a knowledge management system we are looking for a computational linguist/terminologist to elaborate a terminology database based on a corpus of different documents (structured and unstructured). You will be responsible for the extraction of the most frequent terms, their spelling variants and synonyms, and the maintenance of the results in a terminology database. In addition, you will be responsible for enriching the data with a defined set of meta data.

You should have a background in computational and/or corpus linguistics. You should have experience with RDF format and SKOS models. Fluent English is a prerequisite. In addition, basic knowledge of terminology management and an interest in medical technology is an advantage.

The duration of the contract is initially limited to four months.  The position is based in central Switzerland.

For further details, please contact Thomas Kuhn (contact information below) or send an e-mail to the application website below.

Email Address for Applications: info at caron.ch
Contact Information:
	Thomas Kuhn
	Email: t.kuhn at caron.ch