25.2322, Calls: General Linguistics, Typology/ Sprachtypologie und Universalienforschung - StuF (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 27 17:02:14 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-2322. Tue May 27 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.2322, Calls: General Linguistics, Typology/ Sprachtypologie und Universalienforschung - StuF (Jrnl)

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 13:01:52
From: Susanne Schuster [culcc at uni-bremen.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-2322.html&submissionid=33314258&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Sprachtypologie und Universalienforschung - StuF

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Typology

Call Deadline: 30-Jun-2014

Recent events and publications document the increasing interest in (Post-)Colonial Language Studies (PCL) and prove that there is an urgent need for further research within this interdisciplinary field of study. Because of the wide range of research perspectives involved in PCL, there is a rich potential in the investigation of specific sub-fields within Colonial and Postcolonial Linguistics.

Therefore, we would like to take a detailed look on the intersection of (Post-)Colonial Language Studies and Linguistic Typology. To this end, we are planning an issue of STUF - Language Typology and Universals. This journal is issued quarterly at Mouton de Gruyter by editor-in chief Thomas Stolz.

The issue will be titled

'Introducing Colonial and Postcolonial Linguistics from a typological perspective'

and we would like to invite you to contribute to the planned publication.

Research of language in colonial and postcolonial contexts has been carried out from a variety of viewpoints within and beyond the field of linguistics. The aim of this issue is to approach it from the perspective of Language Typology and Universals and to present this approach to an international audience.

The planned issue will bundle empirical or theoretical studies, including comparative or contrastive studies on language(s), as well as papers on the history of the field of Language Typology and Universals - each taking into account the (post-)colonial specifics of their subject-matter.

We would be happy to receive a contribution proposal from you. If you would like to contribute an article, please send an abstract of about 350 words by June 30, 2014, to

culcc at uni-bremen.de.

We will let you know by July 30, 2014, whether your proposal has been accepted for publication in the issue. In case of acceptance, the deadline for paper submission is November 28, 2014.

All papers will be peer-reviewed in a double-blind procedure. Specifics concerning article length (most likely 15-20 pages), style-sheet etc. will be communicated following abstract review.

We are looking forward to your contribution.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/