25.4463, Qs: Help collecting collecting cross-linguistic data

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 7 17:50:44 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-4463. Fri Nov 07 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.4463, Qs: Help collecting collecting cross-linguistic data

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 12:50:21
From: Brent Strickland [stricklandbrent at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-4463.html&submissionid=35976677&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Hi,

I am a language researcher at the Jean Nicod Institute in Paris, France
(http://www.institutnicod.org/). I am currently running a project in which I
collect translations (via online survey) for a few English  prepositions into
a second language. I am trying to get fellow language scientists (linguists,
psycho-linguists, philosophers of language, etc...) to help out because some
of the questions are a bit technical. I am trying to collect as much
cross-linguistic data as possible, and am especially interested in gathering
data from non European languages. The survey lasts about 10-15 minutes, and
any help you could give would very much be appreciated. Also, if you had any
colleagues who might be willing to also fill out the survey, please pass this
along to them as well! Feel free to contact me with any questions you might
have.

Here is the link for the survey:

http://brentstrickland.net/Crosslinguistic.html

Thanks!