25.4506, Support: Phonology, Psycholinguistics / USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 10 22:03:37 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-4506. Mon Nov 10 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.4506, Support: Phonology, Psycholinguistics / USA

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Danuta  Allen <danuta at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:03:31
From: Iris Berent [i.berent at neu.edu]
Subject: Phonology, Psycholinguistics: PhD Student, Northeastern University, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-4506.html&submissionid=35977597&topicid=12&msgnumber=1
 Institution/Organization: Northeastern University
Department: Psychology
Web Address: http://www.northeastern.edu/berentlab/

Level: PhD

Duties: Research,Teaching

Specialty Areas: Phonology; Psycholinguistics
Reading

The Phonology and Reading Lab at Northeastern University anticipates an opening for graduate training at the PhD level.

The lab investigates the basis of human capacity for language with a specific focus on the phonological system. We explore the nature of phonological competence and its interaction with reading ability and disability. To this end, we study a variety of languages, both spoken and signed, in several age groups (adults, children, and infants). We combine insights from both brain and behavior, and we explore the role the phonological system in skilled readers and dyslexic individuals.

All graduate students are offered financial support (full tuition remission and a stipend) for the full five year duration of our program.

How to apply:
Qualified applicants may contact the PI, Dr. Iris Berent via email:
i.berent at neu.edu

Application Deadline: 01-Jan-2015

Web Address for Applications: http://www.northeastern.edu/cos/psychology/graduate/

Contact Information: