25.4799, FYI: Arabic Script in Africa: Website Announcement

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 28 16:11:08 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-4799. Fri Nov 28 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.4799, FYI: Arabic Script in Africa: Website Announcement

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva <uliana at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:09:44
From: Meikal Mumin [meikal.mumin at uni-koeln.de]
Subject: Arabic Script in Africa: Website Announcement

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-4799.html&submissionid=35984177&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Dear Colleagues,

We have set up a Tumblr-based website at http://www.tasia.org dedicated to the
studies of African languages written in Arabic script (Ajami) and related
disciplines. We hope that the website will develop into a networking and
informational hub building on earlier and current research. As a first step,
we would like to invite you to send us news and information regarding:
- events (conferences, workshops, presentations and calls for papers);
- research projects;
- recent publications (papers, books, dissertations and theses);
- other relevant material (e.g. work outside academia, technical changes
affecting our research, etc.).

With potential growth of information, the website might need more editorial
support and we will be grateful to early volunteers even at this initial
stage.

Please send us your ideas and any suggestions to news at tasia.org.

With our best wishes,
Meikal Mumin and Dmitry Bondarev

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation
                     Sociolinguistics
                     Writing Systems

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/