25.4034, Calls: Spanish, General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 14 03:28:57 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-4034. Mon Oct 13 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.4034, Calls: Spanish, General Linguistics/USA

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 23:28:41
From: Ricard Vinas de Puig [vinasdepuigr at cofc.edu]
Subject: Spanish Linguistics in North Carolina

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-4034.html&submissionid=35966757&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Spanish Linguistics in North Carolina
Short Title: SLINKI'15

Date: 07-Feb-2015 - 07-Feb-2015
Location: Greenville, NC, USA
Contact Person: Ricard Vinas de Puig Stephen Fafulas
Meeting Email: slinki15ecu at gmail.com

Subject Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Call Deadline: 23-Nov-2014

Meeting Description:

SLINKI (Spanish Linguistics in North Carolina) is an annual one-day conference focusing on research in all areas of Linguistics related to the Spanish language, with a special focus on research conducted by researchers in North Carolina or related to Spanish in North Carolina. SLINKI 2015 is the 5th annual SLINKI conference and will be held at East Carolina University in Greenville, NC.

Conference website: http://slinki15ecu.wix.com/home

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for 20-minute presentations and for poster presentations, in any area related to Spanish Linguistics. While the focus of the conference is on work by researchers in North Carolina, we welcome all submissions. Sessions will be held throughout the day and will not be scheduled concurrently unless necessitated by the number of presenters. The poster session will be held during the lunch break.

Submission of abstracts will begin on October 10, 2014, and will remain open until November 23, 2014.

Guidelines for Abstracts:

We welcome abstracts for 20-minute presentations or posters on any topic related to Spanish Linguistics. All abstracts, which may be submitted in either English or Spanish, should be in .pdf format not exceed 500 words in length.

You can submit your abstracts via Easy Abstracts at http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/slinki15ecu.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/