25.4096, Jobs: Kazakh; Turkic; Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, NTENT
The LINGUIST List
linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 17 00:10:01 UTC 2014
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-4096. Thu Oct 16 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 25.4096, Jobs: Kazakh; Turkic; Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, NTENT
Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>
Do you want to donate to LINGUIST without spending an extra penny? Bookmark
the Amazon link for your country below; then use it whenever you buy from
For more information on the LINGUIST Amazon store please visit our
FAQ at http://linguistlist.org/amazon-faq.cfm.
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 20:09:45
From: Jeff Korte [jkorte at ntent.com]
Subject: Kazakh; Turkic; Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, NTENT, California, USA
E-mail this message to a friend:
University or Organization: NTENT
Department: Linguistics Group
Job Location: California, USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: www.ntent.com
Job Title: Kazakh Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Manager; Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Kazakh (kaz)
NTENT is looking for a Senior Kazakh-speaking Computational Linguist who would
be responsible for providing support for a number of Kazakh language
applications such as a semantic search engine. This is a full-time and on-site
position located in Carlsbad, California.
- Lead a geographically-distributed team of Kazakh-speaking linguists working
on all major aspects of natural language processing in Kazakh:
tokenization/stemming, part-of-speech tagging, parsing, semantic analysis
(semantic role labeling, disambiguation, etc.) and translation.
- Work closely with the team of developers to ensure the compatibility of the
delivered results with the core technology.
- Identify requirements, priorities and deliverables for tasks and
sub-projects and report regularly on the progress of the stated deliverables.
- A Ph.D. degree in Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing or a
Masters degree with at least 3 years of research/industry experience with
information retrieval, text analytics, or machine translation.
- A track record of leading or coordinating projects in natural language
processing/computational linguistics in Kazakh or Turkic languages.
- A native speaker of Kazakh
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of open-source or proprietary NLP packages for Kazakh (stemmers,
taggers, parsers, semantic analyzers, etc.)
- Familiarity with programming in languages like Perl, C/C++, Java or Python
- Experience with ontology engineering or formal semantic representation
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Experience with disambiguation technology
- Experience with named entity recognition
The hire is expected to work full-time and on-site in Carlsbad, California.
We offer a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and
vision. Employees receive three weeks of vacation, generous sick days plan and
9 holidays per year. We also offer 401(k) benefits, long term disability
benefits and life insurance.
Application Deadline: 14-Jan-2015 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jkorte at ntent.com
Talent Acquistion Jeff Korte
Email: jkorte at ntent.com
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-4096
More information about the LINGUIST