25.4114, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Asst/Assoc Professor, University of Memphis
The LINGUIST List
linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 17 22:44:43 UTC 2014
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-4114. Fri Oct 17 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 25.4114, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Asst/Assoc Professor, University of Memphis
Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>
Do you want to donate to LINGUIST without spending an extra penny? Bookmark
the Amazon link for your country below; then use it whenever you buy from
For more information on the LINGUIST Amazon store please visit our
FAQ at http://linguistlist.org/amazon-faq.cfm.
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 18:44:27
From: Laura Wright [llwrigh at memphis.edu]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics: Asst/Assoc Professor, University of Memphis, Tennessee, USA
E-mail this message to a friend:
University or Organization: University of Memphis
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Tennessee, USA
Web Address: www.memphis.edu/english
Job Title: Assistant or Associate Tenure-track Position in Applied Linguistics (ESL)
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
- Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics or related area.
- Background in the theory and teaching of ESL, including K-12 environments
and adult education.
- Ability to teach a range of courses in second language acquisition, ESL/EFL
teaching methodology, and general linguistics courses.
- Evidence of initial scholarly achievement and a clearly articulated research
agenda pertinent to TESOL/Applied Linguistics.
- Experience teaching ESL and/or EFL at various levels.
- Willingness and ability to teach online courses.
- Interest in writing grants, developing international programs, and
conducting classroom-based research.
- Experience teaching at the university level.
- Interest and experience in working within international contexts.
- Knowledge of or background in foreign languages.
- Experience related to computers and language learning and/or
- Willingness to perform some administrative duties, such as advising, serving
on committees, and developing curricula.
Applications for the position must be submitted online. To apply, visit the
application URL below.
Through the online application process, candidates will be required to submit
a letter of interest, a current CV, e-mail addresses for three references, and
a copy of college/university transcripts (unofficial copies will be acceptable
during the application process). Finalists for the position will be asked to
submit a writing sample.
Screening will begin November 1 and may continue until the position is filled.
We urge all qualified applicants to apply for this position. Minorities and
women are encouraged to apply. Appointment will be based on qualifications as
they relate to position requirements without regard to race, color, national
origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. The University of
Memphis, a Tennessee Board of Regents Institution, is an EO / AA Immigration
Reform Act Employer.
Application Deadline: 01-Nov-2014 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://workforum.memphis.edu/
Assistant to Chair Laura Wright
Email: llwrigh at memphis.edu
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-4114
More information about the LINGUIST