25.3570, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: NLP Software Engineer, Artificial Solutions

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 10 18:32:13 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3570. Wed Sep 10 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.3570, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: NLP Software Engineer, Artificial Solutions

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:31:59
From: Francesca Sciarra [francesca.sciarra at artificial-solutions.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: NLP Software Engineer, Artificial Solutions, Barcelona, Spain

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-3570.html&submissionid=35956757&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Artificial Solutions
Department: Products & Technology
Job Location: Barcelona, Spain
Web Address: www.artificial-solutions.com
Job Title: NLP Software Engineer
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Artificial Solutions is looking for a performance-minded Java software
engineer for our Barcelona office with a passion for algorithms and languages.

You will be part of a team developing new tools at the forefront of modern
language technology to create our next generation Natural Language Processing
(NLP) platform.

You will work inside the Products & Technology department together with an
international team of developers and research engineers, following an agile
project development methodology and using English as the daily working
language.

The position offers a lot of freedom, responsibility and the opportunity to
grow both as a person and within our company in order to realize your full
potential.

The position will focus upon:
- Participating in the development of our JVM based NLP platform as a back-end
developer in several of our platform components.
- Implementing accurate, efficient and maintainable production quality
algorithms for challenging linguistic tasks.
- Transforming functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Measuring and optimizing your algorithms and other parts of the code base.
- Improving and enhancing existing software as well as creating entirely new
components for the platform.
- Designing and developing APIs.

Essential Required Knowledge and Experience:
- MSc/BS in Computer Science or Computational Linguistics or related fields,
or equivalent know-how acquired through working experience.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in
algorithms, data structures and software design.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Excellent coding skills in Java.
- Knowledge of REST, JSON, Maven and Google Guava.
- Knowledge and interest of the functional programming paradigm.

Additional Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Mathematical background.
- Strong functional programming experience.
- Experience in distributed computing, information retrieval, data mining
and/or machine learning.
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques and frameworks
(e.g. OpenNLP, NLTK, LingPipe, Stanford, GATE, Antlr 4).
- Experience in big data processing techniques and NoSQL approaches such as
Hadoop HDFS, Hadoop MapReduce, HBase, Elasticsearch, Apache Spark, Cassandra,
Couchbase, MongoDB.
- Experience in building and maintaining highly scalable, highly available
distributed systems.
- Expert knowledge on logging, monitoring, testing and tuning Java
applications.
- Background with traditional databases, ETL, and data warehousing.

Language skills:
- Excellent English, both written and spoken.
- Any additional languages are a plus.

Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with a passion for algorithms.
- An ability to dive into complex problems with a can-do attitude.
- A self-starter with ability to work collaboratively in a distributed
development team.
- Eager to learn and ability to pick up new technologies and frameworks fast.
- Enthusiastic about natural language processing, machine learning and
computational linguistics.

What We Offer:
- The possibility to contribute to our award-winning Teneo platform.
- Diverse and challenging tasks, with lot of opportunities for learning and
self-growth.
- Young, outgoing, flexible and international work environment.
- A place in a skilled international team with a well-oiled agile approach to
project development.
- Competitive base salary, social benefits.

Application Deadline: 31-Oct-2014 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: francesca.sciarra at artificial-solutions.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.artificial-solutions.com/about-artificial-solutions/careers/
Contact Information:
	HR Generalist Francesca Sciarra