25.3650, Summer Schools: Training Workshops in Conversation Analysis / Loughborough, UK

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 18 15:40:55 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3650. Thu Sep 18 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.3650, Summer Schools: Training Workshops in Conversation Analysis / Loughborough, UK

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Malgorzata Cavar <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 11:40:47
From: Alexa Hepburn [a.hepburn at lboro.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-3650.html&submissionid=35958917&topicid=16&msgnumber=1

Training Workshops in Conversation Analysis

Host Institution: Loughborough University
Website: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/socialsciences/postgraduate-taught/programmes/conversationanalysismsc/trainingworkshops2014/

Dates: 17-Oct-2014 - 09-Nov-2014
Location: Loughborough, United Kingdom

Focus: In order to fill a few remaining places on our Masters programmes in Conversation Analysis and Discursive Psychology we are making some of the initial modules available as standalone 3 day workshops, cost £350 per workshop:
Minimum Education Level: Undergraduate

- Studying Discourse, conversation and interaction: Professor Paul Drew,
Professor Jonathan Potter, Dr Alexa Hepburn. 10th-12th October 2014.
- Understanding Communication in Interaction: Professor Sue Wilkinson and Dr
Alexa Hepburn. 24th-26th October 014
- Methods in Interaction Research: Dr Alexa Hepburn and Professor Elizabeth
Stokoe. 31st Oct - 2nd November 2014
- Communication Practices in Institutional Settings: Professor Paul Drew. 7th–
9th November 2014

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Language Families: New English

Tuition: 350 GBP

Registration: 17-Sep-2014 to 10-Oct-2014

Contact Person: Alexa Hepburn
                Phone: +44(0)1509228876
                Email: a.hepburn at lboro.ac.uk

Apply on the web: http://store.lboro.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?compid=1&modid=1&catid=293#catid293

Registration Instructions:
1. Numbers are very limited, but email me if you have problems with
booking.<br/>
2. These won’t include elements of the full programmes such as assessment,
formal certification, and ongoing support.<br/>
3. When we advertise the more advanced semester 2 workshops, the semester 1
workshops will be prerequisites for everyone except experienced researchers.