25.3712, Calls: Applied Linguistics/ Language Learning & Technology (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 23 17:39:44 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3712. Tue Sep 23 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.3712, Calls: Applied Linguistics/ Language Learning & Technology (Jrnl)

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:39:37
From: Mónica Vidal [llt at hawaii.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-3712.html&submissionid=35960617&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Language Learning & Technology

Call Deadline: 01-Oct-2014

Special 20th Anniversary Issue
http://llt.msu.edu/issues/june2014/call.pdf

In 2016 Language Learning & Technology will be celebrating its 20th year of
publication. In honor of that event, we are planning an anniversary ''special
issue of special issues,'' revisiting the most popular special issue themes
from the past two decades. We triangulated data from a public poll in April, a
poll of the editorial board, & the log of downloads from 2013 to arrive at the
following themes:
- The Role of Computer Technology in Second Language Acquisition Research
- Computer-Assisted Language Testing
- Learner Autonomy & New Learning Environments
- Technology & the Four Skills
- Technology & Oral Language Development
- Technology & Listening Comprehension
- Technology & Learning to Read
- Technology & Learning to Write

The issue will include two types of contributions for each of the four themes:
a review article by an invited expert and a research article selected through
the normal peer review process for a total of eight articles. Please click on
the above CFP link for the full CFP.

The Role of Computer Technology in Second Language Acquisition Research. This
is a broad area that encompasses both the use of technology to improve our
understanding of second language acquisition processes and the impact of
technology as a mediator in those processes.

Computer-Assisted Language Testing. We are looking for papers based on
contemporary implementations of the topics listed in that call as well as new
ones such as automated scoring of spoken or written language assessments.

Learner Autonomy and New Learning Environments. As this is a more recent
collection, all those topics remain relevant for the purposes of the
anniversary issue. We are open to considering other ones as well.

Technology and the Four Skills. Each of these was a well-supported theme
during our polls, and rather than select one over the other three, we decided
to include all of them. Specifically we are seeking research papers that focus
on technology and language learning synthesizing two or more of these skills
(e.g., listening and speaking, reading and writing, speaking and listening, or
other combinations).

Please consult the LLT Website for general guidelines on submission
(http://llt.msu.edu/contrib.html) and research
(http://llt.msu.edu/resguide.html).

Send a title and 250-word abstract by October 1, 2014 to llt at hawaii.edu and
specify clearly which of the four themes you are proposing your paper for. We
will invite a maximum of 5 papers for each theme, & these will go through the
standard blind peer review process. Note that only the paper that the editors
judge the best for each theme will be included in the anniversary issue.
Others meeting LLT publication standards will be published in subsequent
issues.

Publication timeline
October 1, 2014: Submission deadline for abstracts
October 15, 2014: Invitation to authors to submit a manuscript
March 1, 2015: Submission deadline for manuscripts
June 2, 2016: Publication of special issue