25.3766, Calls: General Linguistics/France

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 25 20:18:47 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3766. Thu Sep 25 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.3766, Calls: General Linguistics/France

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:18:35
From: Patricia Cabredo Hofherr [pcabredo at univ-paris8.fr]
Subject: Workshop on (Co-)Distributivity 2015

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-3766.html&submissionid=35960277&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Workshop on (Co-)Distributivity 2015

Date: 26-Feb-2015 - 27-Feb-2015
Location: Paris, France
Contact Person: Patricia Cabredo Hofherr
Meeting Email: codistr at pouchet.cnrs.fr
Web Site: http://www.umr7023.cnrs.fr/Journee-Co-Distributivite-2015.html

Call Deadline: 07-Dec-2014

Meeting Description:

The Workshop on (Co-)Distributivity 2015 aims to explore the linguistic means used to establish distributive dependencies, including, but not limited to, questions like the following:

- The syntax and semantics of markers of distributive keys (e.g. distributive quantifiers) or distributive shares (e.g. Hungarian reduplicated numerals)
- Multiplication effects for indefinite singulars (e.g. He eats a sandwich for breakfast.)
- Distribution effects for plurals (e.g. dependent plurals : Here professors wear ties.)
- Distribution effects over times (e.g. A lot of people have been dying of this disease lately).

We welcome work on formal syntax and semantics on distributive dependencies (distributivity and co-distributivity) in spoken and sign languages.

Invited Speakers:

Donka Farkas (UC Santa Cruz)
Viola Schmitt (Wien)

Call for Papers:

We welcome work on formal syntax and semantics on distributive dependencies (distributivity and co-distributivity) in spoken and sign languages.

We invite submissions for 25-minute presentations (plus ten-minute discussions).

Abstracts should be at most 2 pages in length (including examples and references) written in French or English.

Abstracts must be anonymous and should be sent by e-mail in pdf-format to:\\codistr //AT// pouchet.cnrs.fr The abstract submission deadline is 7 Dec 2014.

Please write the (first) author's name plus the word 'abstract' in the subject line of your message (e.g., 'Dupont abstract'), and include author name(s), affiliation, contact information and the title of the abstract in the body of the email. For co-authored papers indicate the email address that we should use for correspondence.

For More Information:

Website: http://www.umr7023.cnrs.fr/Journee-Co-Distributivite-2015.html
Email: codistr at pouchet.cnrs.fr

Important Dates:

Abstract submission deadline: 7 December 2014
Notification of acceptance: 20 December 2014
Workshop: Thursday, 26 – Friday, 27 February 2015

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/