25.3798, Confs: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition, Computational Ling/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 29 14:41:42 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3798. Mon Sep 29 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.3798, Confs: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition, Computational Ling/USA

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:41:28
From: Greg Kessler [kessler at ohio.edu]
Subject: Ohio University CALL Conference

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-3798.html&submissionid=35962217&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Ohio University CALL Conference

Date: 03-Apr-2015 - 03-Apr-2015
Location: Athens, Ohio, USA
Contact: Greg Kessler
Contact Email: kessler at ohio.edu
Meeting URL: https://sites.google.com/site/ohiocallconference2014/7th-annual-call-conference-2015?pli=1

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Meeting Description:

The Ohio University CALL Practice and Research group announces the call for proposals and registration for the 7th annual free CALL conference on April 3, 2015 at Ohio University. We have had a great turnout for the past six years and look forward to another inspiring gathering here in beautiful Athens, Ohio. The theme of the conference will be ''The Role of Automated Tools in CALL.''

We are very excited to announce that our keynote speaker will be Dr. Volker Hegelheimer from Iowa State University. Dr. Hegelheimer will be speaking about Automated writing evaluation and the many exciting related projects he is working on at Iowa State.

We will also have a number of concurrent sessions, hands-on workshops and a technology fair. We encourage anyone interested in sharing their research or practice related to technology in the second language classroom to submit a proposal to our conference.  We invite proposals for paper presentations, technology fair presentations, and hands-on workshops. Information and the proposal submission form can be found at: http://bit.ly/1ojhFwH

The conference will take place from 9 AM-5 PM and will wrap up with a conference dinner at Jackie O's Public House and Brewery.