25.3812, Calls: Computational Linguistics; Semantics/ Language Resources and Evaluation (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 29 19:48:02 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3812. Mon Sep 29 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.3812, Calls: Computational Linguistics; Semantics/ Language Resources and Evaluation (Jrnl)

Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
            Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Sara Couture, Indiana U <sara at linguistlist.org>

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:47:55
From: Preslav Nakov [preslavn at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-3812.html&submissionid=35962557&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Language Resources and Evaluation

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 01-Nov-2014

LRE Journal Special Issue: Computational Semantic Analysis of Language -
SemEval-2014 and beyond

Second Call for Papers

http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2014/index.php?id=lre-special-issue

We invite submissions of articles describing in-depth evaluation exercises on
computational semantics of text. A natural candidate is an extended ''task
description'' paper from SemEval-2014, which includes a broad description of
the problem, resources used, system comparison,
analysis of results, and novel conclusions. However, we do not limit the
contributions to SemEval-related works. Instead, other works presenting
substantial experimental evaluation on natural language semantics are also
welcome. Finally, papers describing concrete NLP systems/approaches on one of
those semantic tasks are welcome too, provided they present relevant
evaluation on the task at hand and highlight important properties of the
problem, resources, etc. Out of scope are system description papers which do
not add insights on the specific problem they tackled in SemEval.

Submission

Please submit your articles at
http://www.editorialmanager.com/lrev/default.asp
Make sure to select ''S.I. : SemEval-2014'' when asked to provide the article
type. You may either submit full articles that should not exceed 25 pages or
shorter ''project notes'' that are 10 pages long.

Schedule
- First call for papers: Aug 15, 2014
- Second call for papers: Sep 30, 2014
- Submission deadline: Nov 1, 2014
- First round decisions due: Feb 15, 2015
- Revision / resubmissions: May 1, 2015
- Final decisions: July 15, 2015

Guest Editors
- Preslav Nakov, Qatar Computing Research Institute
- Torsten Zesch, University of Duisburg-Essen