26.1728, Fund Drive 2015: University of Washington Climbs to Top of University Challenge and More Exciting Action!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 1 00:34:23 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1728. Tue Mar 31 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1728, Fund Drive 2015: University of Washington Climbs to Top of University Challenge and More Exciting Action!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:31:54
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

Thank you to all of you who have come out to support for LINGUIST List! These past few days have been great for Fund Drive 2015, thanks to generous people like you!

In our Subfield Challenge, computational linguistics has jumped to second place for the first time since week one! We have been seeing incredible generosity from computational linguists this week! We are also excited to share that along with computational linguistics, syntax, phonology and sociolinguistics have all hit the $2,000 mark in donations! Way to go!

To see a full list of subfield rankings, please visit: http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/

In our University Challenge, Indiana University Bloomington is still holding on to the top spot, but today we saw incredible action from University of Washington, who has taken second place! The University of Washington has
historically performed very well in our fund drive challenges, and we are so grateful for their continued support. Along with Stanford University in third place, these three universities have each donated over $1,000!

To see a full list of university rankings, please visit: http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/

We are also very excited to share that we have our first donation and participant in the Business Challenge! Thank you Microsoft Natural Language Group for your kind donation! We challenge more businesses to step up and
challenge the Microsoft Natural Language Group for first place!

Finally, we would like to make a note of an incredibly generous donation that came in earlier this week from the country of Switzerland! Thank you for your support!

Remember, as always, LINGUIST List is a free and openly available resource dedicated to providing the best service possible for all fields of linguistics.

Donate now to show your support: http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

We very much appreciate everyone's help, and thank you for helping us kick off Fund Drive 2015!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team