26.1750, Calls: Pragmatics/Poland
The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST
linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 1 20:00:08 UTC 2015
LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1750. Wed Apr 01 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 26.1750, Calls: Pragmatics/Poland
Moderators: linguist at linguistlist.org (Damir Cavar, Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry, Sara Couture)
************* LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive *************
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 15:59:53
From: Wladyslaw Chlopicki [chlopicki at gmail.com]
Subject: 2nd International Conference on Communication Styles
Full Title: 2nd International Conference on Communication Styles
Short Title: ICCS2
Date: 12-Oct-2015 - 14-Oct-2015
Location: Krosno, Poland
Contact Person: Anna Rewis-Letkowska
Meeting Email: krosno.conference.2013 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.pwsz.krosno.pl/conferences-and-publications-department-of-english/
Linguistic Field(s): Pragmatics
Call Deadline: 15-Jun-2015
The Second International Conference on Communication Styles
Krosno, Poland, 12-14 October 2015
Organised by Krosno State College
The conference aims at:
1) Describing changes and development of established communication styles through the means provided by cultural theorists
2) Defining major culture-specific communication-related concepts as seen from the contrastive perspective
3) Pursuing cross-cultural research that acknowledges the similarities and differences between cultural communication styles
4) Exploring the variety of communication styles and their representation in mass culture and other contexts
5) Investigating the (often covert) ideological dimension of different communication styles
Prof. Charles Forceville, University of Amsterdam
Prof. Elżbieta Tabakowska, Jagiellonian University, Kraków
This is the second conference on the subject. The first one was held in 2013 and was highly successful in terms of cross-cultural and artistic achievement (see the moving slides show at the conference website). The monographic publication entitled Culture’s Software is due to appear with Cambridge Scholars publishing house in the first half of 2015. The participants are encouraged to become familiar with the contributions to the volume before arriving at the conference.
The College is a small but vibrant academic institution, with excellent conference facilities and enthusiastic staff, located in a picturesque Renaissance town in south-eastern Poland (see a video clip: http://www.krosno.pl/en/about-town/multimedia/video/art10.html).
800 PLN (or 200 euro)
The conference package fee covers: hotel accommodation for 3 nights (Hotel Portius, ul. Bursaki 29a, Krosno, http://hotelportius.pl/), 2 lunches, 2 conference dinners, conference materials, refreshments during sessions, sightseeing of nearby tourist highlights, publication of selected papers.
Doctoral students will be granted a small fee reduction (please apply).
400 PLN (or 100 euro) – conference fee without hotel accommodation.
Accompanying persons fee: 400 PLN (or 100 euro)
All fees (in Polish zloties) must be transferred to the bank account of Państwowa Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa in Krosno (Krosno State College) by 15 September 2015.
The conference venue can be reached by bus from Kraków (2,5 hours, app. 7 EUR) or Rzeszów (1 hour, app. 3 EUR), if arriving by plane to these destinations.
Call for Papers:
Conference presenters are encouraged to focus on the following areas of research:
- Dimensions of culture
- Narrative and religious aspects of folklore
- Pragmatics of intercultural communication
- Creativity and tradition in cultural communication
- Artistic communication
- Humour in culture and society,
- Communication in families and across age groups
- Gender communication styles
- Communication in education
- Media communication styles
- Business and workplace communication
- Communication and ideology
- Cross-cultural aspects of translation
- Cultural and linguistic globalization
- Communication problems and conflicts
Conference language: English
Paper proposals with a 150-word abstract and the registration form should be sent to krosno.conference.2013 at gmail.com not later than 15 June 2015. Acceptance notifications will be sent by 30 June 2015.
Peer reviewed papers will be published as in a monographic volume in 2016.
Board of Organisers:
Professor Dorota Brzozowska, Opole University, Poland
Dr Władysław Chłopicki, Jagiellonian University, Kraków and Krosno State College, Poland
Dr Liisi Laineste, Estonian Literary Museum, Tartu, Estonia
Dr Villy Tsakona, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
Anna Rewiś-Łętkowska: krosno.conference.2013 at gmail.com
Conference website: http://www.pwsz.krosno.pl/conferences-and-publications-department-of-english/
LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1750
More information about the LINGUIST