26.1790, Calls: General Linguistics/ Questions and Answers in Linguistics (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 3 00:45:18 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1790. Thu Apr 02 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1790, Calls: General Linguistics/ Questions and Answers in Linguistics (Jrnl)

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 20:45:09
From: Piotr Gulgowski [piotr.gulgowski at gmail.com]

Full Title: Questions and Answers in Linguistics

Journal Questions and Answers in Linguistics invites submissions of original
scholarly papers in the field of theoretical and experimental linguistics.

About the Journal

Who are we?

Questions and Answers in Linguistics (QAL) is an online, open-access,
peer-reviewed journal edited and published by Center for General and
Comparative Linguistics at the University of Wrocław in cooperation with De
Gruyter Open. QAL presents papers focused on problematic areas of linguistic
research, based on data from diverse languages. As far as theoretical analyses
are concerned, we are primarily interested in works within the generative
paradigm, although papers using different theoretical approaches will also be
considered. We express an interest in interdisciplinary research employing
methods from typology, historical studies, corpus studies and experimental
psycho- or neurolinguistics providing an empirical background to purely
theoretical research.

We offer high-quality editing and, with the support of the publishing tools
and the expertise of De Gruyter Open, a wide digital distribution and
professional promotion of papers increasing their visibility and accessibility
through abstracting and indexing services.

Editor-in-Chief
Joanna Błaszczak
University of Wrocław
e-mail: joanna.blaszczak at googlemail.com
Page: http://degruyteropen.com/people/jblaszczak/

Editorial Assistant
Piotr Gulgowski
University of Wrocław
e-mail: piotr.gulgowski at gmail.com

Who can publish?

We accept submissions from professional researchers as well as from students.

What can be published?

We are looking for original research papers (presenting formal analyses,
fieldwork, corpus research or experiment results) and reviews of current
literature. The article must be written in English and it should not be
published or simultaneously submitted elsewhere.

Submission

Authors interested in publication should send their manuscripts and any
questions at:
piotr.gulgowski at gmail.com

Each paper selected for publication will be evaluated by at least two
reviewers, following the double-blind review policy. Articles should be sent
in two formats: a DOC or DOCX file and a PDF file. For more information visit
our website:
http://www.ifa.uni.wroc.pl/qal/
or
http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/qal