26.1800, Fund Drive 2015: Week 4 Challenge Round-Up

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 3 19:09:16 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1800. Fri Apr 03 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1800, Fund Drive 2015: Week 4 Challenge Round-Up

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 15:06:36
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive 2015: Week 4 Challenge Round-Up

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

We are very excited to share that we have hit the $20,000 mark! However, we still have a long way to go. Our goal is to collect $79,000.00 for our editors and the programming support. We cannot continue to run without your support!

In our Subfield Challenge, syntax holds the lead and is the only subfield to have hit the $3,000 mark! Computational linguistics, sociolinguistics, and phonology have all hit the $2,000 and could easily take the top spot with a few new donations!

We currently have 24 out of 27 subfields represented. Here is how they rank:

1. Syntax ($3451)
2. Computational Linguistics ($2240)
3. Sociolinguistics ($2186)
4. Phonology ($2100)
5. Historical Linguistics ($1415)
6. Semantics ($1210)
7. Discourse Analysis ($1100)
8. Pragmatics ($1099)
9. Morphology ($1015)
10. Language Acquisition ($880)
11. Phonetics ($796)
12. Language Documentation ($715)
13. Applied Linguistics ($485)
14. Typology ($443)
15. Psycholinguistics ($415)
16. Text/Corpus Linguistics ($345)
17. History of Linguistics ($290)
18. Anthropological Linguistics ($265)
19. Cognitive Science ($235)
20. Lexicography ($105)
21. Writing Systems ($100)
22. Translation ($31)
23. Ling and Literature ($30)
24. Neurolinguistics ($25)

We thank all of those who have donated under their subfield, and encourage more subscribers to come out and help their subfield get to (or stay on) the top! We also encourage those involved in forensic linguistics, genetic classification, and philosophy of language to come out and help your subfield make the list!

In our University Challenge, Indiana University Bloomington continues to lead. We challenge other universities to be the first to take that top spot from IU! Today we have received donations from University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, Florida
Atlantic University, University of Cologne, Wayne State University, The University of Alabama, and University of Turku!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

To make a donation, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

Your donations are vital to the LINGUIST List operation! We thank everyone for their support and wish you all a good weekend!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team