26.1827, Call: Share Your Favorite Linguistic Tree with Us!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Apr 6 19:10:09 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1827. Mon Apr 06 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1827, Call: Share Your Favorite Linguistic Tree with Us!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 15:06:20
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers, Supporters and Friends:

As you may have seen, the theme for Fund Drive 2015 is “Branching Out.” As we are all settling into our new lives in Indiana, our theme has to do with laying new roots, planting new orchards, and setting an environment for
LINGUIST List to thrive in future. Trees are a big part of our Fund Drive (see http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/), a big part of our lives, and a big part of linguistics.

The LINGUIST List Team has been sharing their favorite linguistic trees (syntax, historical, dependency, etc.) with the linguistics community, and now we’d like to ask you to share yours! Is there a linguistic tree that has significant meaning to you, or one that you like to call your favorite?

If so, please send us a short write-up (and pictures, if you’d wish) about your favorite linguistic tree for us to feature on our Fund Drive site and blog.

To see examples, please see:

LINGUIST Editor Ashley’s Favorite Tree: http://linguistlist.org/issues/26/26-1686.html
LINGUIST Programmer Lwin’s Favorite Tree: http://linguistlist.org/issues/26/26-1793.html

We look forward to hearing from you and hearing about your favorite linguistic tree!

Please consider supporting our Fund Drive by making a donation to LINGUIST List. Your support is not only important, but vital to our operation. We are so grateful for everyone’s support and the incredible future that you are
helping to grow.

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team