26.1829, Fund Drive 2015: 172 Universities Represented in Challenge. Is Yours?

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Apr 6 20:10:56 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1829. Mon Apr 06 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1829, Fund Drive 2015: 172 Universities Represented in Challenge. Is Yours?

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 16:07:43
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

LINGUIST List’s Fund Drive 2015 is underway and now in Week 5! We are on our way to hitting the $25,000 mark soon; will you help us reach that number today by donating? We are so thankful for all of the donations that have come in during the first three weeks on Fund Drive, but are still a long way from our goal of $79,000.

As a reminder, we have several donation benefits you can enjoy no matter how much you donate. Along with supporting LINGUIST, you can use your donation to help your university, business and subfield in our challenges!

In our Subfield Challenge, syntax continues to lead, but we now have 26 out of 27 subfields represented, as forensic linguistics and philosophy of language made their way onto our leader board! Way to go! Sociolinguistics and computational linguistics continue to fight for second place, but sociolinguistics currently holds the spot! Computational linguists, just one donation could put you back on top! Phonology is holding onto fourth place, but with donation totals over $2,000, could easily snag first place soon!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

In our University Challenge, we currently have representation from 172 universities from all over the world! So far, three universities have donated over $1,000 each! IU Bloomington continues to hold first place, with the University of Washington in second and Stanford University in third!

In the past two days, we have received donations from Eastern Connecticut State University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of South Carolina, University of
Geneva, Auburn University, University of Kansas, James Madison University, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, University of Washington, Tel Aviv University, Laboratoire de Linguistique Formelle, Paris Diderot, Chosun University, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Emory University, University of Leuven, Temple University, and University of Memphis!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list of universities!

Microsoft Natural Language Group continues to Business Challenge! Donate under your company’s name to add its name to our list!

To make a donation, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

Please spread the word about these challenges and other Fund Drive activities, by forwarding, linking, sharing, and tweeting.  Every little bit helps and without your support, the LINGUIST List would not exist. And, it might even help your subfield, business, or university win!

We thank everyone for their support during our first four weeks of Fund Drive and ask all of our subscribers to show their support in any amount that they can! We cannot do what we do without your support!

Best wishes,
The LINGUIST List Team